What is a Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is the use technology to assist a person with concerns that do not have to be handled in a face-to-face visit. This can be done by phone or by Skype using a computer or mobile device (tablet).
You can used Telemedicine services in several ways:
- ask a general question about an issue (not patient-specific) such as health education
- Ask-An-NP: ask questions about a specific concern to help you decide what type of services you should seek (triage)
- patient-specific questions and concerns*
A consultation includes time for us to document the service and issues discussed.
A telemedicine consultation with Kara Diersing Clapp, PhD, NP-c, a certified Family Nurse Practitioner, can help you in several ways:
- If you have symptoms you are concerned about, but aren't certain which type of treatment would be best (emergency room, urgent care, office setting)? You can ask for "symptom triage" consult to help you decide where to go and who to see.
- Do you need help deciding if a nutritional supplement is okay to use or what drug interactions may be present?
- Do you have general health questions that you never have time to ask or forgot to ask your regular physician/NP/PA during an office visit?
- Do you wonder about what research studies say about a particular health concern you have?
- New in town and just don't know where to start in building your medical and health network again?
Scheduling a Consultation
Call 801-495-9303 to schedule a general consultation.
*For A Patient-Specific Need, please complete and return a consent form to email@example.com
Visit the forms section below (downloadable PDF).
No computer access?
You can request the forms to be mailed to you. Call 801-495-9303. We will call you to schedule a consultation once the completed forms are received.
Mailing Address: PO Box 901026 Sandy UT 84090-1026